bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater

The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #2)

The Dead-Tossed Waves - Carrie Ryan Gabrielle or 'Gabry' of The Dead Tossed Waves irked me although not as much as her mother in The Forrest of Hands and Teeth. The whole 'poor me' thing is seriously a pebble in my path while wearing 4 inch stilettos! Was it just me or was it almost the exact replication of FoHT? Two awesome guys are hopelessly in love with Gabry and she just can't help but be drawn to both of them... all while running for her life from the Recruiters (the army basically).Honestly dude, if I fear for my life enough to brave a forest full of brain eating zombies- the LAST thing I'm going to concern myself with is is which boy I like the most! Even when she found out that her mother wasn't her actual mother, that her best friend was trying to kill herself and she had a TWIN that was MIA... she was mostly concerned with how the men in her life were making her feel. Gabry=fail.On the positive side (What? You mean to tell me you thought I was going to trash the book a little more?) The Dead Tossed Waves was so fabulously written, the thoughts and feelings (although entirely misplaced) were gut wrenchingly real and heart felt. Once Gabry makes the decision about who she loves, I was unable to put this book down! Twists and turns are aplenty in this book that I was completely engrossed after they finally came to find her old village... and the few surprises that were awaiting her there... Carrie Ryan is so wonderful at putting me right there in the story as if I'm walking down the narrow, fenced path to my ultimate demise right along with them!3.5 stars! Of course I'll be reading The Dark and Hallow Places, which is suppose to follow Gabry's twin sister Annah on her journey though the zombie infested wasteland... I have to know what happens to all these hopelessly romantic people!!!