bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater

Tithe (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #1)

Tithe (Modern Tale of Faerie Series #1) - I cannot even tell you how many time Holly Black was recommended to me... And in my typical procrastinatory way, I kept putting it off!What was I thinking???I instantly loved Kaye. From the FIRST page when she stuck her cigarette into her mother's beer bottle! (what? So I'm a tad on the spiteful side...) The characters in this book are hard to rival, Roiben... well I was instantly taken with him (even though he can be quite tough to handle). Kaye's childhood faerie friends: Spike, Gristle and Lutie-Loo (Um Lutie-Loo? WIN!) actually I can't go into them much, because I'll give away too much of the story... But I loved their names!The entire faerie world that Black created is crazy amazing and magical! I could picture each and every detail of the pixies, dwarfs (dwarves?) and fae. Every place, battle and situation was so beautifully descriptive that I was enthralled (enthralled I tell you!) from beginning to end!I read this in the span of a few hours, I stayed up until like 2 am because I could NOT tear myself away from this book!