bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater

The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (Leisure Historical Romance)

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie -  Jennifer Ashley I have a confession… an admission of sorts. I LOVE romance… more specifically- YA contemporary romance… erotic romance AND historical romance with lots of smexy goodness thrown in… that’s right, THE Zombie Queen herself- a complete sucker for a good, sappy love story!I’ve wanted to read The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie for MONTHS… but because of other reading obligations- I never did! *sigh* Having never have read anything by Jennifer Ashley before this, I was especially intrigued! A mad Lord? Bring it on baby!!Lord Ian Mackenzie tries to warn the beautiful, widow Beth Ackerley away from the perversions of Sir Lyndon Mather and then almost immediately proposes they get married as a way for her to escape him. She is then almost certain that the rumors of Lord Ian’s madness are VERY true!“You make no sense, my lord. If you don’t care about my fortune or whether I love you, why on earth do you wish to marry me?”“Because I want to bed you.”Beth knew in that instant that she was not a true lady, and never would be.Right? My kinda chick dude!!! Come to find out, the rumors of Lyndon’s debauchery are entirely TRUE. Beth PROMPTLY breaks their engagement and rushes off to Paris… and Lord Ian follows her. Awww…I will admit this book sort of dragged toward the middle for me, and it turns out there’s QUITE a scandal happening among the MacKenzie clan! Throw in a murder/mystery (which usually isn’t my thing…), Ian having spent so many years in the asylum for being INSANELY intelligent and a really sweet romance to top it all off! This may not have ended up being my FAVORITE historical romance, but it’s definitely a great read!I cannot WAIT to read the next installment though! Ian’s brother, Mac was an extremely interesting character! Lady Isabella and Mac have been… “separated” for FAR too long! I’m simply dying to find out how he wins her back in Lady Isabella’s Scandalous Marriage (Highland Pleasures, #2)!