bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater

Fever (Chemical Garden Trilogy)

Fever - Lauren DeStefano I'm so ashamed!!! Seriously, I loved Wither SO much, and I've had an ARC of Fever since too long ago to even mention. Then when Lauren DeStefano announced the cover reveal of Sever... Well, I knew there was no more waiting!!!*WARNING!! Spoilers for Wither (Chemical Garden Trilogy #1)*At the end of Wither, Rhine and Gabriel escaped the mansion in which they had been held "captive". After escaping, all Rhine wants to do is get back to Manhatten to find her way back to her brother, and show Gabriel there's more to their very short lives than just serving the rich.No sooner than they land safely ashore, away from Linden and his psycho father- they're attacked by a crazy wanna-be French lady and her band of rejects."I ran from the mansion because I wanted to be free. But there's no such thing as free. There are only different and more horrible ways to be enslaved."The events following their "arrival" at the Carnival are too much to get into if you haven't read Wither, but... Wow. People are insane.Fever is slower paced than I remember Wither being... But no less tragic. In the last half of the book, Lauren DeStefano grips you in a vice of depression and devastation alongside Rhine, Gabriel and a cast of characters long dead or that we've never technically met.If you liked Wither, you need to read Fever, then like me- you'll be almost desperately anticipating the release of Sever. ;)Why "almost" you ask? Because I can foresee no happy ending for these young people who have had to endure the horrors they have and are destined to die at such a young age.Check out my Book Review: Wither (Chemical Garden Trilogy #1) by Lauren DeStefanoBuy  Fever by Lauren DeStefano on Amazon!