bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1)

The Forest of Hands and Teeth  - Carrie Ryan Let me say that I enjoyed this book tremendously. The world Carrie Ryan created in this post-modern reality is beautifully written and descriptive.My heart broke over and over for Mary, I FELT her anguish. My initial reaction to this book was morbid fascination- and then it let up and morphed into mildly interested... then oh my god! oh my god! oh my god! I knew from the beginning this would be a dark read, but I'm a sucker for 'happily ever after' and I couldn't stop hoping everything would turn into sunshine and rainbows for this girl who lost everything she'd ever known.The ending was wonderful- but not in a Prince Phillip and Princess Aurora type way... it was perfect for this particular story.I do have to say that Mary irritated me several times throughout the book. Even when she got what she wanted she was unsatisfied and wanted more- she was an extremely selfish heroine. But let's be honest, I'd be whiny and self-absorbed if zombies were constantly trying to eat me too!This is definitely a must read!