bookishbrunette

Falling Into You
Jasinda Wilder
After Math
Denise Grover Swank
The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies, #1)
Tarryn Fisher
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
Beautiful Bastard
Christina Lauren
Death Comes Home (In Darkness We Must Abide, #1)
Rhiannon Frater
Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1) -  H. Kruger, Isabella Kruger This was a super enchanting read... a fun and fast read with a new twist on vampires/werewolves. I feel like the story was a little rushed for all the things that went on. I really wish there would have been more of everything!More on Fleur and her sister... What happened to Louisa after she left? Why didn't she come back? I would've liked more background to the girls life before their parents died. I need MORE! Good thing there are more books, hopefully they're less rushed!The concept is FABULOUS!One thing I have to mention- only because it is a huge pet peeve of mine- is spelling mistakes. Now I realize I make up words all the time and possibly even use them out of context quite often... but I like to think it's part of my charm. However, when I'm reading a book I find it unacceptable.Glaring at me from the first page of Afterlife is the word 'surealness'. Now I would not have said anything if it was spelled 'surrealness' because the base word is 'surreal'. There are a few other minor things such as, "That is why I have no other moral but to tag this book as 'afterlife'. "What? I mean I GET what this means... but it makes no sense, so am I taking it out of context or is this a mistake? Am I a loser? Sorry, I just HAVE to mention these things just because I'd want to be made aware of them before I bought it!This is what I would loosely call a *short story* it was 100 pages on my Nook, but Goodreads says the paperback is 196 pages... Just FYI!3.5 Stars!***I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review***